Friday, May 16, 2014

Post-Fontan Day 2

Hi all!  Atticus is definitely NOT happy about being in the hospital. He keeps signing that he wants to get dressed, wants his shoes, and wants to go. He also wants me to be able to pick him up and cuddle him on my lap, which also isn't possible at the moment. But on a brighter note, Atticus should hopefully get some of his heart lines/wires out today (including his arterial line), which would let those cuddles be possible because he'd finally be allowed to get out of the bed.

Atticus has been kind of weepy and sad today. He's uncomfortable, and just doesn't want to be here. I managed to get a small smile out of him when I had his stuffed Cookie Monster pretend to eat all of his breakfast tray.  That also prompted him to get one tiny bite of egg and vanilla yogurt down with some more apple juice.

We've blown bubbles, read a kid's book on sign language, and watched some of the "Air Buddies" movies.  He mostly just wants to suck on his finger and hold his Cookie Monster as he watches the tablet. He'll turn to me, plead for me to pick him up, and then start crying when I tell him I can't yet.  Its days like today that break my heart and make me feel utterly powerless as his Mom. :(

The docs started him back on his Enalipril yesterday afternoon to hopefully keep his blood pressure under control. Its still been a little on the high side. His oxygen sats have been hanging out in the high 80s to low 90s. 

Atticus is currently resting peacefully, so I'm going to sneak off and eat some lunch with the hubs and nurse Baby H. Please continue to pray for Atticus to heal quickly, and that we can keep his spirits up. Please also pray that those lines can come out today so that Atti and Mommy can enjoy some cuddles soon!  Mostly, just keep on prayin'!


Not a happy heart patient!


But we finally got a little smile!

2 comments:

  1. He is in our thoughts and prayers, Melanie! Also, please tell him Natalia is praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been keeping him in my prayers! I certainly hope you get to cuddle your brave and sweet little man today!

    ReplyDelete