Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fontan Day!!!

Well, its really happening. Atticus is having his Fontan today. I kept waiting to get a phone call telling us that we had to be bumped from surgery and would have to reschedule, just like it has ever other time we've had surgery. But the call never came. Its still happening today. 

We've checked in, made sure Atticus was comfortable-with Cookie Monster within reach, given him his pre-med to help him relax, given him countless kisses, and watched the surgeon wheel away towards the OR.  We've come to the PCICU waiting room (aka our second home), received our pager, and are waiting for the surgery updates to begin. 

Yet somehow it all still seems slightly surreal. It seems strange to be in this all too familiar setting once again. Its also like slipping back into old pair of shoes. Comfortable in its familiarity, but cracked, worn, and not ideal.

There are too many thoughts running through my head to be able to sufficiently put them into words. So I'll focus on the fact that God has planned out this day since before Atticus was even born, and THAT brings me comfort. I know that He is in control, and my fearful heart is made to beat more slowly. God has once again brought me to this place where He shows me that He is still in control. So join me, my friends out there in the land of the internet, and Keep on prayin'!  I'll update soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment