Saturday, May 24, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Hello Everyone!


Just wanted to let you know that we made it HOME!!!  I can hardly believe that we made it in and out of the hospital in exactly one week!  Atticus soared through his Fontan!  I am so thankful to Dr Bradley and all the awesome nurses at MUSC for the awesome care they gave to Atticus.  I'm thankful to all of you who prayed for Atticus during his open heart surgery and recovery.  I'm thankful for my wonderful sister and brother-in-law for opening their home to me.  And I'm thankful to God for all the ways He watched over us during this time.  Atticus is home continuing to heal and rest.  He was so happy to come home and see his brother and sisters.


I wanted to share one of my favorite moments with you all.  Shortly after my last post I knew we were being discharged, so I packed everything up while Atticus was taking a nap.  Once he woke up, he was ready to go back to the Atrium.  Robbie was almost there, so I told him that we were going to wait for Daddy.  He gave me the funniest look like, "Daddy isn't here."  But he was content to sit in the wagon for a few more minutes watching Signing Time.  We did this back and forth a few more times as I waited for Robbie to come walking into the unit.  Finally, Atticus was losing patience with me so I signed, "We're waiting for Daddy to go home."  He perked up a little, looking at me like, "Did you just say home?!"  As if right on cue, Robbie came walking into the unit.  Atticus ducked his head, threw up his arms, and had a sheepish grin on his face.  Robbie scooped him up, Atticus buried his face his Daddy's neck and started crying for joy.  His Daddy was there to take him home.  We made it home safely and soundly, but pretty late at night.  Atticus crawled straight into his bed, grinned, and went to sleep. 


Thanks for continuing to check in on us, and as always, keep on prayin'!


Atticus sees Daddy with the car! 

No comments:

Post a Comment