Monday, March 29, 2010

An update from home!

Sorry it's been a little while since my last update, but it's been hectic trying to take over as not only a 24/7 nurse, but also stepping back into the role as a full-time mother to the other two children, wife, cook, housekeeper, etc.  Not to mention we've had a million doctor's visits, home visits, appts for Home Care products such as oxygen tanks, feeding pumps, etc.  Not that I'm complaining about any of it!  I'm so happy to be home again.  It seems almost surreal. 

Thankfully, Atticus is adjusting fine to home life.  His feeds are going better (he had a problem with throwing up after each feed when we first got started with his G-tube), and he's finally starting to slowly gain some weight.  We've also been working on holding up his head on his own, turning over, and some tummy time.  Sandy and Gideon are so happy to have us home.  Sandy just wants to spend every moment with Atticus or myself.  She wants to help do everything.  She wants to help bathe him, put lotion on him, change diapers, start his feeding pump, give his meds, etc.  She's so eager to help, she even started his feeding pump this morning before I even had it attached to him! LOL  She's so sweet.  Gideon is also warming up to Atticus and having him home.  He's even helped throw away a few diapers, hold a bottle, and even gave him a kiss today.

I just wanted to also take this time to say "Thank You" to all those who've been praying for so long with us for this time.  I am humbled by all the prayers, phone calls, cards, emails, donations, etc to help us through this time.  So many of you are praying for us, and I've never even met you!  It is just amazing to know that Atticus has this army of folks pulling for him all around the world.  Please take the time to sign the Guestbook, if you've never done it.  I'd love to see who is checking up on our little man, and let him know who his fans are around the world. 

God has blessed us greatly, even with all we've been through.  It's drawing close to Easter time, and I am humbled once again.  With all that Atticus has suffered; God let His ONLY Son, Jesus, suffer even more than that.  He has spared the life of my son, where He did not even spare the life of His own.  He has given me the desires of my heart...to have all my children home under one roof.  Well, it's almost time to give Atticus his last med for the night, then off to bed for me.  Thank you all for your prayers.  Please continue to pray for Atticus and our family.  He still has a long road ahead of him; though we celebrate the victories of today!  As always, keep on prayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment