Thursday, March 4, 2010

Can you say....EXTUBATION?!?!!!

I have such amazing and awesome news to share with everyone!! Atticus came off the ventilator Tuesday night just before 10PM. He's on vapo therm right now, so he'll still have to get weaned down to just a nasal canula, but they've already started turning it down. He's already back off a lot of the medicines they had given him, and they've already begun to feed Atticus through his new G-tube. They're starting veeeerry slowly for him, because he tends to have trouble whenever anything new happens with his feedings. He was alert and awake today, full of smiles and playing with his toys.

The other great news is that Robbie and I spoke with the social worker and the nurse coordinator today...and they feel that Atticus will be able to go home in 2 to 3 weeks!!!!! Thank you, GOD!!! Thank you, GOD!!! Thank you, GOD!!! I am so happy I think I'm going to burst with anticipation!! It seems surreal to think that about 4 months ago almost to the day, the hospital was telling Robbie to come to Charleston because they didn't think Atticus was going to make it. God works miracles--Atticus is LIVING proof!! The ladies told me to come home to Aiken through the weekend, and get everything in order that needs to be taken care of before Atticus comes home. Hopefully on Monday, Atticus should finally go to the step-down unit (7-C), which means I'll start needing to be there 24/7. This is where I'll learn how to take care of things like his G-tube, his meds and their schedule, any equipment he'll go home with, etc. The only thing is that Gideon's birthday is March 14th. It shouldn't be a problem for me to come home that day, but it would be even more awesome if Atticus was able to come home a day or so before that!! Again, I know God's timing is perfect in all things. Pray that this transition goes smoothly, and that Robbie and I can be together again soon with all 3 children under the same roof for the very first time!! And that I'll be able to get some sleep between now and then. :) Keep on prayin'---it's powerful stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment