Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A big day....

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a very Happy New Year!  We certainly did!  But now it's already Jan 11th, and as I mentioned earlier....that makes for a big day for Atticus.  As I type this, I'm sitting here in one of the many waiting rooms in MUSC while Atticus is having his Pre-Fontan Cath done.  We checked in at 7:15AM this morning, and he finally went back to the Cath Lab around 10:30AM.  Assuming all goes well, and that it remains a purely diagnostic Cath (aka they don't have to actually do any corrective procedures), he should be back there for about 3-4 hours.  I'll update here again once he's done with the Cath, and we've had a chance to speak with the Cardiologist/surgeons about the results.

Please keep us in your prayers today.  There are so many thoughts running through my brain right now, I feel like a duck on the water.  I may look calm on the surface, but under the water, I'm kicking and fighting to keep myself from sinking into "what ifs?".  Please pray for good news (that he IS eligible for the Fontan procedure), for the skills of those working on him, for strength for us and for Atticus, and for wisdom for Robbie and I to make the right decisions.  We continue to trust that God has a plan for us and for Atticus, no matter what path that might be down.  Thank you all in advance for your prayers, well wishes, and thoughts.  I'll update soon!

3 comments:

  1. Many prayers for you today. I know the worry is hard and you all will make the right decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he is almost done now, so fingers crossed for good news!! :D Staying tuned for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I saw your post on FB heart moms and wanted to say hello. My daughter is also getting ready to go in for her pre Fontan heart cath. Keeping Atticus in my thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete