Thursday, November 26, 2009

Nurse Harriett: A nurse to be Thankful for...

GOD BLESS NURSE HARRIETT!!! She has given me one more BIG thing to be thankful for. I went back to check on Atticus after shift change today because there had been a lot of procedures this morning, and I think I spent more time in the waiting room than the PCICU. AND SHE LET ME HOLD ATTICUS!!!! YEAH!!! Hard to believe, but it's only the second time in his lifetime that I've been able to hold him. The other time was just before his surgery when he was just 1 week old. I held him for 2 hours!!! I just rocked him and worked on getting all the glue from the EEG out of his hair. It was wonderful! I can't wait for him to be off the ventilator so I can hold him all the time!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!! I FEEL SO BLESSED!!! Keep prayin' for the little man and the rest of the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment